Strategic Analysis & Planning
- Played key role in senior management of successful eCommerce start-up, bringing to market a new digital gifting platform for consumers and businesses and establishing the company as the market leader.
- Identified opportunities based on user data analysis to create new revenue channels leveraging existing product capabilities for significantly higher rates of revenue.
- Provided process analysis and guidance for leading international education and exchange nonprofit, enabling new VP of Marketing to rationalize new processes, roles, and investments to effectively meet MarComm goals.
Production Management & Leadership
- Integrated direction from C-suite, chief engineer, investors, and subject matter experts to direct a complex open science community platform from Proof of Concept to Minimum Viable Product.
- Established the processes and orchestrated the launch of a multi-tiered, vanguard eCommerce application for over 50 national brands, such as The Home Depot, Williams-Sonoma, and Groupon.
- Oversaw a team of 20+ graphic designers, programmers and account managers on Kraft brand projects for a leading agency in high-end, cutting edge interactive marketing for Fortune 500 clients.
Media & Marketing
- Directed parallel initiatives of a pilot Global Media Center to dramatically increase and collect user-generated content, grow community engagement, and configure and populate a Digital Asset Management platform, to convey the customer experience and tell the company story from an authentic standpoint.
- Designed, managed, and conducted statistical analysis of marketing placements and promotion types across print, video, mobile, and social platforms, leading to a focus of resources on the most profitable initiatives.
- Planned and produced a new strategic branding and marketing plan for a $10 million manufacturing company, to counteract a severe economic downturn and facilitate the expansion to new markets.
LAURA CANNON, PROJECT MANAGER, Portland, ME
Independent Consultant Spring 2013 to present
Providing strategy, analysis, direction, and management of functional process, web platform development, media production, and marketing communications, to nonprofit and commercial organizations.
Select clients: CIEE, Open Therapeutics, Knowbella Tech
CASHSTAR, INC., Portland, ME
Director of Client Services Fall 2008 to Spring 2013
Process development and implementation on a groundbreaking digital gifting and incentive platform for the emerging market leader. Managed cross-functional teams to execute and expand client offerings via new features and channels.
POP!TECH INSTITUTE, Camden, ME
Associate Producer Fall 2007
Consultation based on 8 years of active involvement with conference focused on technology, culture, and innovation; management of photo exhibits, signage production & placement; graphic design; speaker management.
OUTWARD BOUND, Rockland, ME
Marketing Manager 2003 to 2005
Project Management including marketing strategy, web site development, graphic design and production and marketing collateral for premier non-profit adventure learning organization.
MOSS INC., Belfast, ME
Marketing Communications Manager 2002 to 2003
Strategy, design, and production of to-the-trade marketing collateral for $10 Million manufacturer of fabric structures for exhibits and retail spaces. Direction of corporate presence at trade shows, print and digital channels, and PR.
LAURA CANNON WEB AND MULTIMEDIA, Rockport, ME
Independent Web Consultant / Producer / Designer 2000 to 2004
Consultation on leveraging the internet to expand marketing reach, designing, producing, and launching sites.
Select clients: Maine Media Workshops, Zoey's Room
STRATEGIC INTERACTIVE GROUP (SIG, now DIGITAS), Boston, MA
Web Producer 1996 to 1998
Liaison between technical, creative, and marketing teams as manager of 20 professionals for global interactive agency providing cutting-edge marketing for top caliber national and international brands; Oracle database architecture.
- HEARST NEW MEDIA / HOME ARTS, New York, NY Production Manager
- PRIMALUX VIDEO, New York, NY Production Assistant
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO, Boulder, CO – BFA , Photography, Video and Film
CONTINUING EDUCATION – Workshops & seminars in Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut Pro, project management, multimedia, and dynamic web development, Maine Media Workshops, Adobe, and lynda.com
COMMUNITY SERVICE – Vice President, Bayside Neighborhood Association (advocacy & community building);
Education & Outreach Committee, Chocorua Lake Conservancy (newsletter & events for land stewardship).
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio; Adobe CC Photoshop, ImageReady, InDesign, Acrobat, Dreamweaver; Apple Final Cut Pro X; ExactTarget; HubSpot; WordPress; Asset Bank; Atlassian JIRA; Slack. PC/Mac proficient, platform-agnostic. Versant in agile / iterative and traditional / waterfall PM methodologies.