- Played key role in the core team of a successful start-up, bringing to market a new digital platform for consumers and businesses, setting the course and establishing the company as the leader in the field.
- Analyzed user data to identify opportunity to create new revenue channel leveraging existing product capabilities for significantly higher rates of revenue.
- Persuaded the executive management team of a $10 million company to define and execute a new strategic marketing plan, focused on the company’s brand, in order to counteract a severe economic downturn.
- Co-managed a comprehensive redesign of the marketing plan for 4 programs in a network of 5 schools, during a transitional phase for a non-profit organization.
- Researched and collected critical data that enabled school leaders to focus on most popular courses with greatest potential.
Project Management & Leadership
Media & Marketing
- Defined the processes and orchestrated the product launch of a multi-tiered, vanguard eCommerce application for over 50 national brands, such as The Home Depot, Williams-Sonoma, and Groupon.
- Oversaw a team of 20+ graphic designers, programmers and account managers on Kraft brand projects that included Jell-O, Miracle Whip and Good Seasons for a leading agency in high-end, cutting edge interactive marketing for Fortune 500 clients.
- Spearheaded and managed projects for a large manufacturer that included all web-based initiatives; graphic design, layout and copywriting for retail campaigns.
- Managed the design and layout of a new 90-page wilderness school catalog in the middle of a large reorganization and produced catalog 2 months ahead of schedule.
- Orchestrated the overhaul of an entire marketing campaign, including a 300+ page web site, email communications, catalog, postcards and brochures for a non-profit organization.
- Designed, managed, and provided statistical analysis of marketing placements, messaging, and promotion types across print, video, mobile, and social platforms, leading to a focus of resources on the most profitable initiatives.
- Provided design consultation and management of an award-winning exhibit for Moss, Inc. 2 years-running at the Globalshop retail trade show.
- Revamped outdated marketing materials and developed quality sales tools to facilitate the transition from tradeshow to retail market place.
- Designed a consistent look for all marketing collateral that led to increased enrollment and brand identity for an outdoor school.
- As producer for a top interactive marketing agency, oversaw the production of the Kraft Interactive Kitchen website that garnered numerous awards including Computerworld “Top 100 of the Web” and Direct Marketing Association’s Echo Award.
LAURA CANNON PROJECT MANAGER, Portland, ME
Independent Consultant Spring 2013 to present
Providing strategy, analysis, and support related to functional process, media production, and marketing communications, to nonprofit and commercial organizations.
CASHSTAR, INC., Portland, ME
Director of Client Services Fall 2008 to Spring 2013
Created and led the Client Services department, developing processes on a groundbreaking new platform for the leading digital gifting and incentive company. Managed cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, and marketing professionals to expand client offerings via new features and channels.
POP!TECH INSTITUTE, Camden, ME
Associate Producer Fall 2007
Provided consultation based on 8 years of active involvement with conference focused on technology, culture, and innovation; managed photo exhibits, signage production & placement; graphic design; speaker management.
OUTWARD BOUND, Rockland, ME
Marketing Manager 2003 to 2005
Managed projects that included marketing strategy, web site development, graphic design and production and marketing collateral for premier non-profit adventure learning organization.
MOSS INC., Belfast, ME
Marketing Communications Manager 2002 to 2003
Strategized, created, and produced to-the-trade marketing collateral for $10 Million manufacturer of fabric structures for exhibits and retail spaces. Directed corporate presence at trade shows, print and digital channels, and PR.
LAURA CANNON WEB AND MULTIMEDIA, Rockport, ME
Independent Web Consultant / Producer / Designer 2000 to 2004
Consulted to clients interested in leveraging the internet to expand marketing reach, designing, producing, and launching sites.
MAINE MEDIA WORKSHOPS, Rockport, ME
Project Manager – Web Development 1999 to 2000
Redesigned and launched web presence, from site structure to visual design to copywriting and coding, for renowned learning center for creative professionals.
STRATEGIC INTERACTIVE GROUP (SIG), now Digitas, Boston, MA
Web Producer 1996 to 1998
Managed a team of 20 professionals and acted as liaison between technical/creative production and marketing teams for global interactive agency providing cutting-edge marketing for top caliber national and international brands. Wielded a budget of $1.5 million for Kraft Foods account and related individual product brands. Managed data architecture of Oracle database.
- SIXTH GEAR MULTIMEDIA, New York, NY Multimedia Producer 1995 to 1996
- HEARST NEW MEDIA / HOME ARTS, New York, NY Production Manager 1995
- PRIMALUX VIDEO , New York, NY Production Assistant 1992 to 1994
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO, Boulder, CO – BFA , Photography, Video and Film
CONTINUING EDUCATION – Workshops & seminars in Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, multimedia, and dynamic web development, through Maine Media Workshops and Adobe.
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES –Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio; Adobe CC Photoshop, ImageReady, InDesign; Dreamweaver; Apple Final Cut Pro X; ExactTarget Interactive Marketing (SaaS Platform). PC/Mac proficient, platform-agnostic. Versant in agile / iterative and traditional / waterfall PM approaches.